Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Clever Girl Enters Stage Left


2012-09-27T12-57-42_0

Cassidi (which is Irish for “clever”) is here!  Well . . . she’s been here for two weeks now.  Since Declan was on the large side when he was born, we took a little extra precaution in having an ultrasound at 37 weeks to make sure she wouldn’t . . . uh . . . break the bank.  She ended up coming out at 8 lbs 8 oz, which actually makes her my second-smallest baby.  Phew! 

It was a 2 hour induction labor with an epidural that was so heavy that for the first hour and a half of it I didn’t even know I was having contractions.  Then they turned the monitor so I could see it and told me I needed to alert them if I felt pressure.  Then they had to come in 15 minutes later to inform me that I was feeling pressure.  A few quick pushes and she was out.  And we’re so happy she’s out.

Funny statements made by Mitchell.  Well . . . I’m sure other people will find them funny.

Upon coming home from a trip to the park with Grandma a couple days after the birth:

“Is Cassidi still here?  And is she still outside, or did you put her back in?”  Meaning back in my tummy.

“She’s still outside, Mitchell.”

Then a few minutes later, giggling:

“Why would you eat a baby?”

“I didn’t eat her Mitchell.”

“Then how did she get inside your tummy?”

I believe I successfully satisfied this question by saying that she grew there.

About a week after Cassidi was born:

“Mom, you’re like a cow.”

“Yes, thank you, Mitchell.”

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Did you know Kassie's name was going to be Kassidy? Lucky you that she came out not looking like a Kassidy to us. Although everyone calls her that anyway...

Mitchell is awesome.

Law Family said...

Hey Irene, I just found your blog and hope its ok if I follow it! Love seeing your kids! Congratulations on the new arrival!

Our blog is smithfieldlaw.blogspot.com if you are interested.

Love, Aunt Tammy