Friday, April 23, 2010

Hmmm . . . what's on my camera?

Funny thing. The more kids I've accrued, the less pictures I've taken.

So I finally went to clear off my camera, and I found the following items of interest (that's a matter of opinion, of course):



Kathryn and Caleb went up to the snow and brought some back with them for the kids to play in. They made this poor specimen of a snowman displaying their obvious lack of vital snowperson building skills. Thereby proving beyond a doubt that this is a terrible place to raise children.









Class is in session. Actually, I can't tell whether Meriel is instructing these petting zoo inhabitants in the proper technique for doing a curtsy while wearing pants, or if she's muttering, "stop looking at me, goats" while glowering fiercely.


Mitchell is demonstrating his newly acquired skill of giving kisses on the cheek.

Mitchell's pretty pleased with himself, but the loving gesture was obviously not enough to pierce my stony exterior.


Here's Rheanna during her school choir's performance. She's performing her part on the hand drum while the choir sings. Afterward, she reported that she messed up five times. I was baffled, both because I have no idea where she messed up, but also because she actually kept count!












Uh. . . I have absolutely no idea where this picture came from. Or why.




On my birthday, my family sent me a card with mocking references as pertaining to my numerous claims of being the true Queen of Sheba. I would like them to accept the following image as irrefutable proof that I am not delusional. It is I, enjoying my royal birthday dinner which I did not prepare myself (as that would be unbefitting someone of noble status) and wearing my heavily bejeweled, highly-royal crown.

On the wall behind me is a guitar that was no doubt autographed and gifted to me by Kiss as an attempt to honor my undeniable royalty and to gain my queenly favor. What say you now, lowly, un-royal (and jealous) rabble?




And to cap it all off, we have a rather avant garde picture of a tulip taken by Rheanna. Probably without permission.

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

It's about stinkin' time.

And just so you know, Ed has given your title of queen to Kassie (who looks like Donna, who looks like you). I'm just sayin'.

Unknown said...

Oh royal one, you look absolutely stunning in your crown.

Unknown said...

Wow! Your school choir has uniforms? I wish I could come hear your concerts!

Unknown said...

Wow! You get kisses from Mitchell? I wish I could!

leannelaw said...

Of course she kept count. With genes from both the Ryans and the Laws what are ya thinkin!