Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Trip Back Through Time

Since there are a few noteworthy items that have occurred in past months which I need to mention to all who care, might I ask you to step back in time with me as I try to belatedly celebrate them with you?

First was a small trip. Our last hurrah before school started was a trip towards the coast and the little town of San Juan Bautista. Rheanna had a 4th grade class project to study and report on one of the California missions and this was the one she did. So we thought we'd surprise her and actually visit the place.

It was a sweet little place with a garden,
a chapel (I hope it was okay that we took pictures in there,


and chickens. The kids would not stop asking me to take pictures of the stupid chickens.


Typical. When a door is marked with a sign that says "Private" take a wild guess which children chose to ignore it. The fact that they can't read does NOT excuse them!


By the way, you'll notice Mitchell has no shoes on. After driving for three hours, we pulled up at our destination and began unloading children. I was unstrapping Mitchell and I asked Tim, "Where did you put Mitchell's shoes?" He looked confused and said, "I thought you brought them." Fortunately Mitchell had been preparing his feet for this occasion his whole life by escaping out the back door and conquering all sorts of terrain shoe-less. I still felt negligent.

We ended the adventure by discovering that a state beach was not too far away and we had lunch there.
Now I would end this here, but some people seem to have been left out of the pictures. Lessee . . .
Here's a picture of Keller who appears to be trying to get as far as he can away from a rather intense statue of John the Baptist.


And here we have Tim leading the children in what turned into a failed attempt to find a geocache.

Now many of you already knew that Ian was baptized this year, but those who weren't there might not know how smashing he and his daddy look in their suits.


Now, I was going to show you my recent renovation. Another one that I began to believe would never get done, but I only have a "before" shot right now, and no time to take the "after". Here is the color that the cabinets in the master bathroom used to be as well as a shot of what they looked like once that, uh, lovely shade of pink was removed (ugh, what a process!). You can even see a little bit of the fabulous tile floor that Tim did for me while I was in Utah following the infamous pedicure-tool-in-the-toilet incident (see past post). I'll get a better shot of the floor in the "after" picture.


Are you curious to know what I did to them? Stay tuned!

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

You're looking rather skinny and Meriel is suddenly looking more grown-up. I feel a need for a family reunion...

Unknown said...

Thanks for updating your blog! You know I send these to Stephen and Lizzy too. I'm surprised you found time at this time of year. I really can't scold you on it since my blog is eons old!

SpaceyKasey said...

I am so glad I am at your house regularly so I've seen the after shot. You can't leave your adoring fans hanging like that! Shameful.